Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Moon

The moon pulls and draws me in. It's like an elixir brewed just for me. The right amount of sweetness and flavour. The silver glow it casts on my face grows brighter and the clouds part and I see the moon properly for the first time. The beauty makes the tears swell and roll over my cheeks, but I don not brush them aside. The air felt like a soft kiss upon my neck, and I pull my jacket closer. The wolves in the trees start their eerie song. My tears of happiness turn into fear. The danger is coming from everywhere. The moon seems to help hunt victims, but I knew I could turn away now and be safe. But the moon seemed to entrance me. The wolves howl again and a bird shrieks a warning from a tree. I try to turn, to move, but I can only watch as the beast shuffles forwards. The moon seems to mock me because even in death, it captured my entire being and wouldn't let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment