Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A whisper in the trees- Poem

Do you remember when I said,
That this world would never end?
We were in our own little paradise,
With something new around each bend.

We smelt and tasted what we could,
With no reason to be scared.
The ice melted where we stood, together,
But one thing I never dared.

You smiled and threw away all your worries
As if they were another skin.
But before long you forgot all that was,
And found solace with your own kin.

You were my own song,
Resounding only for my ears.
The ice grew quickly then,
Making me retreat to the trees.

The fire burned within me,
And seemed to make the air around me shiver.

And the moon turned into,
A tiny movement in the air and yet silver.

The darkness grew within me,
And the wolves howled, never ending.
The sky quivered with anger,
And the trees swung around, yet never bending.

But then you were their,
Pulling me out of my nightmare.
Someone different, someone beautiful,
With a heart as strong as a bear.

I smiled and a new song started,
It seemed to drip with wine.
You were my own personal brew,
And the tree's turned to pine.

The place grew wilder, but not with evil,
But with nature and beauty and I was content.

No comments:

Post a Comment